Child protection procedures and guidance
The National Child Protection Guidance is essential reading for everyone involved in working with children and families as frontline employees or managers.
This should be read along with the West of Scotland Child Protection Procedures which are the multi-agency procedures used in the Lanarkshire area.
You should also be familiar with any protocols set by your own agency or organisation which should be consistent with the National and West of Scotland Guidelines. These include:
- South Lanarkshire Council Social Work child protection procedures
- South Lanarkshire Council Education Resources child protection guidance
- NHS Lanarkshire Child protection guidance
- South Lanarkshire Council Housing and Technical Resources child protection procedures
- South Lanarkshire Leisure and Culture child protection guidance
Please also see the specific risks in child protection section for further information and guidance.