South Lanarkshire Leisure and Culture supports the work of the four local Sports Councils within South Lanarkshire: Cambuslang and Rutherglen, Clydesdale, East Kilbride and Hamilton.
The Sports Councils are primarily voluntary organisations with the main responsibility of promoting interest and participation in sport and organising events and championships within their local areas.
The day-to-day promotion of participation in sports is carried out by each organisation's Executive Committee, appointed yearly at their respective Annual General Meetings.
Affiliation to your local sports council will give you access to the following activities and projects:
- Coach Education Programmes
- Sports Development projects
- District Championships
- Sports tournaments for elite performers, youngsters, ladies, 50+ age category and senior citizens
- School of Coaching weekends at National Sports Centre
- Sportsperson's Individual Grants
- Coach Education Grants
- International sports exchanges
- Company sports days
- Inter-district sports events
- Access route to South Lanarkshire Leisure and Culture's under 16 reduced price lets*
*other terms and conditions apply
Looking to affiliate for the first time?
Click on the appropriate link below to access the online application form. Once submitted, wil will contact you again with membership and payment details.
Got a query on an existing affiliation? Please contact SLLC headquarters on 01698 476262.
Further information on your local sports council is available from their respective secretary / representative:
Clare Winsch, Hamilton Sports Council email@example.com
Andrew Fountain, Cambuslang and Rutherglen Sports Council firstname.lastname@example.org
Jim Ballantyne, East Kilbride Sports Council email@example.com
David Strachan, Clydesdale Sports Council firstname.lastname@example.org