Historical cine film footage of Hamilton Mausoleum, dating to the mid-1930s. This film was catalogued and digitised as part of a project kindly funded by Museums Galleries Scotland. Copyright South Lanarkshire Council.
Carnwath Town Hall was built in 1930 and incorporated the local cinema. It was refurbished in the mid 1990s and received a new toilet block and main entrance.
The accommodation comprises a main hall with a stage and balcony, two large meeting rooms, kitchen and toilet facilities.
The main hall is 145 sqm in area and can accommodate up to 266 people seated in concert style rising to 326 if the balcony is used, and can hold up to 200 for a catered function.
The meeting rooms are both just over 40sqm in area and can accommodate up to 40 people.
The kitchen is suitable for small functions and can be used by customers to provide their own teas and coffees. There is a small public car park in front of the hall.
This facility can be used for a variety of community, social and commercial activities including courses and classes, arts and crafts, sports activities, community meetings, birthday parties, engagement parties, discos, wedding receptions, slimming clubs, martial arts etc.