A to Z
Carers - adult
If you are caring for a relative or friend you'll find lots of information on our Care and carers page.
There are two main carers organisations in the area:
- South Lanarkshire Carers Network is run by carers for carers and was set up to give a voice to carers in Lanarkshire.
- Princess Royal Trust Lanarkshire Carers Centre supports carers across South Lanarkshire.
If you think you need support you can fill out the carers assessment form.
- Do I qualify for Carer's Allowance?
- How can I access services for me and my child who has a disability?
- How can I get a carer's assessment?
- I help to care for my mother, what help is available for me?
- What are personal care services?
- Who can receive free personal care?
- How do I get a home care service?
- What kind of help is available for carers?
- I am being abused. Who can help me?
- What is Carer's Allowance?
- What is Shared Care Services?
- Who can I speak to if I am having difficulty caring for my child and think I need help?
- Supporting Your Independence
- Preventing falls
- Care assessments
- Day care services for older people
- Older carers of adults with a learning disability
- Care costs and benefits advice for people moving to care homes
- Contacting Reception Services
- Shared care for older people
- Care costs and benefits advice for people living at home
- Social work complaints
- Hospice care
- South Lanarkshire Young Carers Service
- Direct Payments
- Children's benefits
- Disability living allowance
- Self-directed Support