Tell us what you think about our site...

Bent Cemetery




CemeteryBent Cemetery
AddressBent Road
TownHamilton
PostcodeML3 6PY
Phone0303 123 1016
Fax01698 717821
Emailbereavement.services@southlanarkshire.gov.uk
AreaHamilton
Cemetery managerWilliam Stanley
DescriptionThis cemetery was developed by a private company and opened in 1853. The local council acquired the cemetery in 1958 and developed various extensions - the latest extension was opened in 2005. It is the last resting place of Lord Hamilton, The 1st Marquis of Hamilton and the 8th, 9th and 10th Dukes of Hamilton and their families. Other notable people interred here are entertainer Sir Harry Lauder, parents of explorer David Livingston and more recently, the footballer Davie Cooper. The cemetery is also used as part of the Council's Doors Open Day. Lairs can only be purchased at the time of burial within this cemetery. Cremated remains may also be interred or scattered within a lair in the cemetery. Records dating back to 1853 are available.
Opening timesApril to September 8.00am-8.00pm
October to March 8.00am-4.30pm
Map locationOn the map