Biggar Cemetery




CemeteryBiggar Cemetery
AddressCarwood Road
TownBiggar
PostcodeML12 6EN
Phone0303 123 1016
Fax01698 717821
Emailbereavement.services@southlanarkshire.gov.uk
AreaClydesdale
Cemetery managerWilliam Stanley
DescriptionThe present church was built in 1545 and the churchyard was extended by additional lairs which border the original graveyard. The next extension, Biggar New Cemetery opened in 1896 while Biggar Crofts, the latest extension opened in 1930. Lairs can only be purchased at the time of burial within this cemetery. The cemetery will continue to provide for future generations as well as accommodating interments and scattered remains in family lairs. There are records for the Churchyard and Biggar Mid dating back to 1912, and from 1934 for Biggar New and Biggar Crofts.
Opening timesApril to September 8.00am-8.00pm
October to March 8.00am-4.30pm