Asking us for information about the environment
You can ask us for any information that we hold about the environment.
The information can be in any form such as written, taped or filmed.
Environmental information can be about:
- the elements of the environment, such as air, water, soil, land, the landscape and natural sites and biological diversity
- energy, noise, radiation or waste and emissions and other releases into the environment
- measures (including administrative measures), such as policies, legislation and plans likely to affect or protect the environment
- cost benefits and economic analysis used in the measures
- reports on the implementation of environmental legislation
- the state of human health and safety affected by the elements emissions and measures above
For example environmental information may relate to such issues such as:
- effects on the environment of GM crop trials
- pesticide testing
- run-off from agricultural land
- impact of manufacturing processes
- safe handling of waste or environmental factors in public health and land use planning
For more information see our Information Compliance policy.