There may be a reason for your bin not being emptied. Bad weather or a vehicle breakdown might mean we don't get to you at the usual time - if so please leave your bin out and we will empty it as soon as we can get back to your area.
If your bin has not been emptied while others in your street have been - before reporting it as a missed collection, please check that your bin:
- was presented for collection at 7am on the correct day (check by street)
- contained waste not permitted in that collection
- was not too heavy for collection (e.g. contained building rubble or soil), if so please arrange for a special (bulk) uplift
- was accessible by the crews if you receive an assisted collection
If your bin has been missed please report this to us on 0303 123 1020. We will arrange to have your bin uplifted as part of the next available run and normally within five days.
- we cannot take extra bags beside a bin. If you can't keep it until your next collection, you can take your excess waste to any of our waste and recycling centres
- all bins in your street have not been emptied - please leave your bin out and we will work on to complete our routes as quickly as possible
- newly built house – contact us to make sure your house has been added to a collection route