Accessing financial help
You can apply for a grant for external specialist consultancy for your business. For example this could be e-commerce development or quality certifications related or any specialist support required to grow your business. We encourage applications which will introduce new and, or improved products, processes or services into the business and assist growth into new markets.
To be considered for support, businesses must be able to clearly demonstrate results from the project and how the project will directly increase jobs, turnover and profitability.
This project can be done by any suitably qualified trading individual or organisation with appropriate insurances in place.
After completing the application process, and receiving an award letter, you will contract and pay the company directly based on the agreed quote. The number of hours requested for any particular consultancy project must be broadly comparable with other similar applications received by the Council.
After receiving a grant offer, you must pay the full cost of the project before any grant support is received. You will have 8 weeks from the date of any grant offer from us to complete and claim the award unless otherwise agreed in writing.
The maximum grant award for any application for External Expert support is up to £3,000 or 50% of the eligible costs whichever is the lower amount.
The grant won't cover:
- web development, unless specifically to allow e-commerce
- the costs involved with any actual assessment or accreditation
- the VAT element is not eligible for grant assistance
- at least one quote
- latest statutory accounts demonstrating financial need
- recent management accounts (within three months of application date) demonstrating financial need
- signed consultant declaration confirming quote details
Before enquiring please read the business support grant guidelines.