Accessing financial help
Exploring new markets
You can apply for a grant if your business would grow by exploring new domestic and international markets. This can cover costs to attend UK and international trade events. All costs associated with the actual exhibition - cost of exhibition space, stand and electricity can be supported.
We encourage applications which will introduce new and, or improved products, processes or services into the business and assist growth into new markets.
To be considered for support, businesses must be able to clearly demonstrate results from the project and how the project will directly increase jobs, turnover and profitability.
The maximum grant award for any application is up to £3,000 or 50% of the eligible costs whichever is the lower amount.
After receiving a grant offer, you must pay the full cost of the project before any grant support is received. You will have 8 weeks from the date of any grant offer from us to complete and claim the award unless otherwise agreed in writing.
The grant won't support:
- accommodation and travelling costs
- trade missions that are already subsidised or can be assisted through another body
- cost of shows you have already attended in the past
- the VAT element is not eligible for grant assistance
- working capital
- at least one competitive quote for each element
- latest statutory accounts - demonstrating financial need
- recent management accounts (within three months of application date) demonstrating financial need
Before enquiring please read the business support grant guidelines.