Accessing financial help
You can apply for a grant if your business needs new capital equipment purchases to help it grow or diversify. We encourage applications which will introduce new and, or improved products, processes or services into the business and assist growth into new markets.
To be considered for support, businesses must be able to clearly demonstrate results from the project and how the project will directly increase jobs, turnover and profitability.
The maximum grant award is up to £10,000 or 50% of eligible project expenditure, whichever is the lower amount.
Please note that applications will only be accepted for the outright purchase of plant and equipment.
After receiving a grant offer, you must pay the full cost of the project before any grant support is received. You will have 8 weeks from the date of any grant offer from us to complete and claim the award unless otherwise agreed in writing.
The grant won't cover:
- IT equipment (except bespoke to business)
- the purchase of mobile or hand-held equipment (except bespoke to business)
- purchases made via HP, lease agreement or other finance agreement
- replacement of equipment ‘like for like’
- items replaced due to wear and tear
- the VAT element is not eligible for grant assistance
- working capital
- two competitive quotes
- business growth plan (if grant requested is £3,000 or over)
- latest statutory accounts demonstrating financial need
- recent management accounts (within three months of application date) demonstrating financial need
- financial projection - profit and loss, cash flow and balance sheet - for one year demonstrating financial need
Before enquiring please read the business support grant guidelines.