Accessing financial help
You can apply for a grant if your business would grow with the help of expansion, conversion, sub-division or other infrastructure improvements to the business premises. We encourage applications which will introduce new and, or improved products, processes or services into the business and assist growth into new markets.
To be considered for support, businesses must be able to clearly demonstrate results from the project and how the project will directly increase jobs, turnover and profitability.
Grants will be subject to the necessary granting of statutory consents . If you are improving premises which are leased, you must provide evidence of landlord’s consent to support the application.
Eligible infrastructure improvements can also include cabling and ICT infrastructure, construction of walls or fences.
The maximum grant award is up to £10,000, or 50% of eligible project expenditure, whichever is the lower amount.
After receiving a grant offer, you must pay the full cost of the project before any grant support is received. You will have 8 weeks from the date of any grant offer from us to complete and claim the award unless otherwise agreed in writing.
The grant won't support:
- cosmetic, repairs, non-essential, temporary or removable improvements
- work needed to meet legal requirements
- working capital
- the VAT element is not eligible for grant assistance
- two competitive quotes
- business growth plan (if grant requested is £3,000 or over)
- latest statutory accounts demonstrating financial need
- recent management accounts (within three months of application date) demonstrating financial need
- financial projections - profit and loss, cash flow and balance sheet - for one year demonstrating financial need
Before enquiring please read the business support grant guidelines.