You said, we did
Public Entertainment Licence
What you said
Our customers told us that they were not aware of upcoming Events in their area which require Public Entertainment licences.
What we did
We told them that they could be included in an “opt in” list. This would mean that when a public entertainment application was received, the customer would receive a letter or email notifying them of the proposed event.
How we expect our service to get better
This arrangement will highlight events to our customers and keep them better informed.
- You said, we did
- Parking complaints
- Additional support needs
- Secondary school transport provision
- Home care
- Decoration allowance
- Public Entertainment Licence
- Universal Connections – Youth Centre
- Installation of gas central heating systems
- Family history search
- Tell us once
- Additional disabled parking