How much does it cost?
We charge a flat rate of £10 (which is non-refundable) for most requests made under the Data Protection Act 1998.
However, this charge will not apply to:-
- requests relating to information held on educational records about current or former school pupils
- requests from current council employees wanting to access their own personnel records
- exceptional cases, where the Executive Director (Corporate Resources) is of the view that, under all of the circumstances, the fee ought to be waived i.e. financial hardship for the applicant or where there is a public interest in releasing the information to the requestor without charge
If you wish us to consider waiving the fee, please explain why you think that the fee should be waived when you are making your request.
When making your request, you can pay in a number of ways as follows:
- by post by sending a cheque or postal order made out to South Lanarkshire Council
- by phoning 01698 453318 and paying by credit or debit card. Please quote the relevant reference given to your request. This will be given in our letter to you.
Cheques or postal orders should be sent to:The Information Compliance Manager Floor 13, Administration and Legal Services Council Offices Almada Street Hamilton ML3 0AA