Asking us for information about the environment
You can ask us for any information that we hold about the environment - whether it is in a written, taped or filmed format.
Environmental information can be about:
- the elements of the environment, such as air, water, soil, land, the landscape, natural sites and biological diversity
- energy, noise, radiation or waste, emissions and other releases into the environment
- measures (including administrative measures), such as policies, legislation and plans likely to affect or protect the environment
- cost benefits and economic analysis used in the measures
- reports on the implementation of environmental legislation
- the state of human health and safety affected by the elements/emissions etc
For example environmental information may relate to:
- effects on the environment of GM crop trials
- pesticide testing
- run-off from agricultural land
- impact of manufacturing processes
- safe handling of waste or environmental factors in public health and land use planning
For more information see our Information Compliance policy.