Paid nursery places
If your child is three years old but is not yet eligible for a free nursery place, you can pay for your child to attend a South Lanarkshire run nursery.
If your child is due to attend your chosen nursery at the next intake (August, January or March), you can access a paid place at that nursery for 3 hrs 10 minute sessions at £8.50 per day until they reach the natural intake. Once your child reaches their natural intake, the £8.50 charge no longer applies.
Please note however, that all parents will have to pay 50p per day towards the nursery's snack and toy fund (£2.50 per week).
Children who attend nurseries that offer extended hours may pay for extra hours at £3 per hour. Where lunch is provided, the cost per day is £1.20 in addition to the daily charge.
Children who attend nurseries that are open all day (8am to 6pm) will pay £30 per day.
Exemption of nursery charges
You may be exempt from paying nursery charges if you receive the following:
- Child Tax Credit (gross annual income less than £6,420)
- Employment and Support Allowance (income related)Job Seekers Allowance (income based)
- Income Support
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- Universal Credit (earned income less than £610)
- Working Tax and Child Tax Credit (gross annual income less than £6,420)
You should ask the nursery and they will advise you. You will have to provide proof of entitlement as well as proof of the child's home address for example a Child Benefit award letter.
Children with additional support needs who are referred by a community paediatrician or receive Disability Living Allowance will receive up to five free sessions during term time.
How to pay for nursery places
Payments are made in advance - as detailed in your contract with the nursery, using the options below:
- online - by using our online payments service, select your area Hamilton, East Kilbride, Rutherglen/Cambuslang, Clydesdale
- phone - by calling our Customer Service Centre on 0303 123 1015.
You can pay with most major credit or debit cards (except Diners Card or American Express).