To encourage children to eat healthier food we've been improving our school meals service. Our menus include nutritional information in line with the Schools (Nutrition and Health Promotion)(Scotland) Act 2007. Please note our menus may be subject to change due to availability of produce from suppliers.
If your child is in primary 4 - 7 or secondary they may be entitled to a free school meal if you receive certain benefits, see the Free school meals page for full details.
Primary school lunches
The new Primary School 2018 summer menu started on Monday 23 April 2018.
The lunch for primary school children consists of a three course meal, including starter, main meal/snack, fresh fruit or yoghurt. The children also have access to unlimited bread, salad and vegetables to supplement their meal. We have introduced information on allergens and nutritional content for menu items served over lunchtime. The nutritional content of each meal is as accurate as possible but should be considered advisory.
Primary school meal costs:
Primary 1-3 are free
Primary 4-7 is £1.65
Secondary school lunches
The secondary school menu includes a range of meal options available from breakfast, mid morning and lunchtime.
We have introduced information on allergens and nutritional content for menu items served over lunchtime. The nutritional content of each meal is as accurate as possible but should be considered advisory.
- a range of meal deals for only £1.65 consisting of a selection of main meal served with selection of soup or fruit pot or frozen yoghurt or 500ml water
- a wide selection of snacks that are individually priced including panini, pizzini, pizza, baguettes and sandwiches
- daily individually priced hot specials including Mexican fajita, Steak and onion baguette, Sausage sub, Chicken in a bun and Tomato and cheese star wrap
- a hot cart in most of our schools that will serve a selection of pasta dishes
- a selection of two freshly cooked pasta/rice dishes daily
- a Deli bar that allows the pupils to build their own baguette or salad pot from a variety of fillings and salad items
- “Beat the Queue” pre-order service where children can choose their meal and pay for it in the morning for convenience and pick it up during lunch break avoiding queuing
To comment on school meals you can email us at GoFreshGang@southlanarkshire.gov.uk or complete and post/email the primary schools Go Fresh Gang school meals comments card or Secondary school meals comments card.