Joint citizenship and passport application service
You are now able to apply for your British passport at the same time as applying for British citizenship. This easy, efficient service has been developed in partnership with the Home Office.
If your citizenship application is successful your British passport will be posted to your home after you have attended your citizenship ceremony.
The service costs an additional £15 for each person who applies. Please tick the relevant box when booking your nationality checking service appointment.
All applicants wishing to use this service who are aged over 15 must attend their appointment in person.
Applications are made using the standard British passport application form. These are available from the Post Office. When you fill in the form, please make sure that:
- You complete sections 1, 2, 3, 4, 6 (if applicable) and 9 of the passport application form. You do not need to complete section 10 nor have the 2 photographs certified. Details of referees will be collected as part of the citizenship application
- You need to bring in three photographs. The photographs submitted with both applications must be identical (i.e. from the same sitting) and comply with the photo standards as described in the accompanying guidance. The applicant’s name should be written on the back of one photograph
- Section 1: Any applicant within 6 months of their 16th birthday at the time of application must attend the appointment in person
- Section 2: Please do not enter a mobile phone number in section 2 of the application form. Please enter it in Section 8 instead
- Section 4: Grandparents’ details are not required
- The payment mandate on Page 25 of the application guidance must be completed however do not fill in the barcode section. Please ensure that the security number of the card is entered in the appropriate box
- If you are unsure about any requirements leave the section of the form blank and complete it at your appointment