Click to listen

Mental Health Officer Services

Who can make a referral to an MHO?

A GP or psychiatrist will refer to a MHO when they are considering the use of legislation to provide a person with appropriate care and treatment.

A solicitor can also request an MHO to provide a report when an application is being made under The Adults with Incapacity (Scotland) Act 2000.

Solicitors can make requests to the Chief Social Work Officer, Council Offices, Almada Street, Hamilton, ML3 0AA. Phone 0303 123 1008.

Related content

  1. What is a Mental Health Officer?
  2. Who can make a referral to an MHO?
  3. What do MHOs do?
  4. What is a designated MHO?