Click to listen

Adaptations, equipment and occupational therapy

Information for homeowners

If the occupational therapist says you require a permanent home adaptation, the Home Improve Service will help you with 80% of the approved cost for something standard such as a shower, or for an internal adaptation. In some cases we may be able to give you a 100% grant. We can help you with the paperwork.

We may refer you to the Care and Repair Service for support in arranging this.

We don't give automatic grants for external adaptations or extensions for extra space. We will assess your circumstances and discuss how best to help you.

The Scottish Government has produced a useful guide for disabled people in private housing in Scotland "Help with adaptations to your home".