Click to listen

Adaptations, equipment and occupational therapy

Information for tenants

If you are a Council tenant and the occupational therapist says you require a permanent home adaptation, Housing and Technical Resources will do the work free of charge. Further information is available on our Housing for disabled people page.

If you are a Housing Association tenant we will contact your landlord who will arrange for the adaptation. Further information can be found in Funding Adaptations to the Home - a Guide for Housing Association Tenants.

If you rent your home privately we can support you get an adaptation with the approval of the owner of your home. Further information can be obtained from Funding Adaptations to the Home a Guide for Private Tenants and Help with adaptations to your home.