Local transport strategy
- outlines the strategy for the council's roads and transportation plans
- looks to how the roads and transportation system will develop in the short and long term
- is about making sure that transport supports regeneration and sustainable development
- sets out improvements in the quality and safety of roads and transportation
- aims to improve health by encouraging walking and cycling
It is used to help steer our transport investment programme. See some of the before and after pictures of the road and footpath improvements we've made.
It links with a series of regional and local plans, dealing with both transport and land use planning. See also development plans.
For more information contact Community and Enterprise Resources.