Music tuition in schools
Instrumental music tuition is offered to pupils from primary 4 onwards, depending on the instrument selected, the individual pupil's ability (as determined by the Instrumental Music Instructor) and the number of places available.
Tuition is provided via schools, by visiting instrumental music instructors, as part of the Instrumental Music Service (IMS).
If your child has been selected to receive instrumental music tuition, please note the following:
- pupils in Primary 5 will receive one year of free tuition, thereafter charges will apply as detailed below
- pupils studying music at Standard Grade and above, no charge will apply for the first instrument of study provided through the IMS
- pupils will receive a minimum of 30 lessons per school year, delivered over three blocks
- pupils receiving instrumental music tuition will be encouraged to participate in school ensembles, bands and performances. When pupils reach an appropriate standard, they may be invited to join a South Lanarkshire orchestra, band or ensemble
Payment for instrumental music tuition
Payments for tuition are made in advance, as follows:
- by school term - three instalments of £60, payable in August, November and February
- annually - one payment of £180, payable in August
How to pay:
- online - by using our online payments service
- phone - by calling our Customer Service Centre on 0845 740 6080
- in person - by visiting any South Lanarkshire Cash Office
- by standing order - you can set up a standing order deduction from your bank account (10 x £18). Forms are available from: Education Resources, Support Services, Council Offices, Almada Street, Hamilton, ML3 0AA; by phoning 01698 454102 or by email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information contact Education Support Services.
Education support services helpline
Phone: 01698 454102