Published Tuesday, 24 October 2017
Council tenants will be able to give their views on the level of rent for 2018/19 over the next couple of weeks.
A series of local meetings has been scheduled during October/November to make sure as many people as possible have the chance to have their say.
The focus of these meetings will be to discuss the factors influencing the housing budget and the options for setting the rent level for 2018/19.
Daniel Lowe, Executive Director of Housing and Technical Resources at the council, said: “Given the current economic situation and the challenges facing tenants and the council, particularly from the continued implementation of the Welfare Reform programme, it is extremely important that tenants get involved and take the opportunity to attend any of the events to give their views.”
To give as many people as possible a chance to take part, the meetings will be held across South Lanarkshire in the following locations:
- Brandon Business Centre, 23 Brandon Street, Hamilton, at 2pm on Tuesday 31 October
- Cadoc Suite, Cambuslang Gate, Cambuslang, at 2pm on Wednesday 1 November
- Town Hall, Rutherglen, at 2pm on Tuesday 7 November
- Murray Owen Centre, Murray Road, East Kilbride, at 7pm on Wednesday 15 November
- Memorial Hall, 13 St Leonard St, Lanark, at 3pm on Tuesday 21 November
- Community Centre, Montgomery Street, Larkhall, at 4pm on Tuesday 28 November
- 1A Clydeview Shopping Centre, Blantyre, at 2pm on Wednesday 29 November
Any South Lanarkshire Council tenant who would like to find out about the council’s housing budget and give their views on the options for the rent level will be welcome at any of the events.
Tenants can also give their views on the options for next year’s rent level through an online survey at http://tinyurl.com/SLCRENT18.
Anyone who would like further information or is unable to attend any of the events can contact Aileen Muir on 01698 454121 or email email@example.com