Click to listen

Amber weather warning

Due to amber alert and latest weather forecast all schools will close at lunch time today. For more info see School closures and service updates

Is your child due to start school in August 2018?

Published Monday, 08 January 2018

Information for the registration of children due to start school in August 2018.

Parents/carers* of children who are 5 years of age between 1 March 2018 and the end of February 2019 are required to register their child for starting school. 

To enrol your child at school you are asked to attend your catchment school during the week beginning Monday 15 January 2018

You can use the catchment area checker to find the school options for your address and confirm arrangements for registration.

It is only the parent* with whom the child ordinarily resides who is authorised to register their child to start school.

Each child’s full birth certificate must be produced as well as two pieces of recent official documentation both containing the parent’s* permanent home address to clarify proof of residency (eg utility bill, council tax statement, housing rent card, child benefit documentation).  Additional proof of residency of the child may be required.

Parents are asked to note that admission to nursery classes is not governed by the same arrangements for primary school catchment areas. Parents must enrol their child at their catchment school and should not presume that if their child attends nursery in a primary school that there is an automatic transfer to the primary school the nursery is located in.

Information on South Lanarkshire Council’s schools and placing request procedures is available from:-

• Every primary school
• Education Support Services Helpline on 0303 123 1023

For more information or if you want this information in a different format or language, please phone 0303 123 1023 or email:

*”parent” includes guardian and any person who is liable to maintain or has parental responsibilities (within the meaning of section 1(3) of the Children (Scotland) Act 1995) in relation to, or has care of a child.

South Lanarkshire Council News feed