Published Tuesday, 13 November 2018
Big Lottery Young Start supports activities that help young people aged 8-24 become more confident and realise their potential.
Activities must achieve at least one of the following three outcomes for the children and young people:
- better physical, mental and emotional wellbeing
- better connections with the wider community
- access to new skills and training opportunities which will help them to get a new job or start a business
Successful projects will also support Big Lottery’s three approaches - people-led, strengths-based and connected.
Eligible applicants are registered charities, voluntary or community organisations.
Eligible costs include staff, training, volunteers expenses, equipment, premises.
Minimum award - £10,000
Maximum award - £100,000
Project length - 1-3 years
Match funding - recommended but not essential
- applicant must contact funder to discuss project idea
- if eligible Big Lottery will provide a copy of application form
- support available from Big Lottery’s Lanarkshire based team
- after submission funder will be in touch during the assessment process and may request additional information
- decision approx. 3 months after submission
- max one Young Start award can be held at any time
- existing lottery grant holders such as (A4A, Improving Lives) can apply
- sample application form and guidance are available on the Big Lottery website.
For more information email firstname.lastname@example.org.