Published Wednesday, 21 February 2018
Armed Forces Covenant Fund Trust
The Armed Forces Covenant Local Grants programme makes grants for local projects that support community integration or local delivery of services. Delivery of Local Services projects should be local projects which offer financial advice, housing, mental and physical health, employability or social support for serving armed forces personnel, veterans and their families.
Eligible applicants are Local Authorities, registered charities, CIC's, schools.
Eligible costs include most of the things you’ll need for your project whether it is people's time, buying or hiring equipment, or minor improvements to land or buildings.
Projects funded include addressing mental and physical health issues, for adults and children, through providing sports, arts, gardening and community events; refurbishment of venues and equipment in shared social clubs and halls; welfare, housing and benefit advice services; mentoring and employability programmes.
Deadline - 9am - Monday 11 March, Wednesday 5 June, Monday 9 September and Monday 2 December
Minimum award - none
Maximum award - £20,000
Project length - 12 months
Match funding - No
- Applicant encouraged to contact funder to discuss project idea
- Single stage application online
- After submission funder may be in touch during the assessment process and may request additional information
- Decision made four times per year
- Application form and guidance available online http://www.covenantfund.org.uk/local-grants-and-digital-development-programme/
- South Lanarkshire's Armed Forces Champion is Councillor Mark Horsham 01698 454011.
- Applicants are expected to have experience and a track record of working with the Armed Forces Community, as well as a good understanding of the issues facing them.
- Past projects that have received funding http://www.covenantfund.org.uk/grants-weve-funded/