Published Friday, 30 November 2018
Don’t drink and drive, the best approach is none - that's the clear message for the festive season.
The Scottish Government and Road Safety Scotland (part of Transport Scotland) are running a campaign to raise awareness of the consequences of drink driving this festive season, with the clear message – don’t drink and drive, the best approach is none.
- Even one drink before driving can have devastating consequences.
- You’ll face an automatic 12-month ban, a criminal record, an unlimited fine, and could even receive a prison sentence of up to 6 months. The vehicle forfeiture scheme means that, in some cases, your car can be seized and crushed.
- On a personal level a drink drive conviction can lead to unemployment, humiliation, guilt and have a negative impact on your friends and family.
- More than 20,000 drivers are stopped by the police every month, so don’t risk it, don’t drink and drive this Christmas.
- When it comes to drink-driving, ‘the best approach is none’ http://dontriskit.info/drink-driving/zero-limit/
- Think about how you’re going to get home, before you head out – and remember to consider any journeys the morning after.
- Even if you’re slightly over the limit, in the eyes of the law you are still a drunk driver and a criminal - there’s no grey area.
- Don’t risk it. Don’t drink and drive.
Find out more by visiting www.dontriskit.info
And additional info and updates will also be posted through social media:
The campaign hashtags are #dontriskit and #dontdrinkanddrive