Energy saving advice for your home
Published Friday, 15 October 2010
A Home Insulation Scheme is available in certain areas of South Lanarkshire.
The nominated installer for South Lanarkshire is SOLAS, in partnership with BCA Insulation and Best Energy - no other supplier will be operating for the Home Insulation Scheme in this area. The scheme, which is Scottish Government funded and local authority endorsed is being delivered by the Energy Saving Trust which offers:
- a home energy audit and report
- impartial and personalised energy saving advice
- cavity wall insulation at a specially negotiated price (or free of charge to eligible households)
- loft insulation at a specially negotiated price (or free of charge to eligible households)
- loft top-up insulation free of charge to households with existing loft insulation, irrespective of the size of the loft
- if you need additional support to install insulation, for example your loft cleared or scaffolding, we may be able to help
- links to other initiatives and services which might help you to stop wasting energy and money such as home renewables and eco-driving
Eligible households are principally households in receipt of qualifying benefits or those aged 70+.
Trained advisors will discuss the full qualifying conditions with the householder.
To find out if you live in one of the targeted areas and to get more information about the benefits of the scheme and what to do next by going to the Home Insulation Scheme web page or by calling the Energy Saving Scotland advice centre on 0800 512 012.