Tourism Strategy consultation
From days out to spa breaks the tourism economy is vital to South Lanarkshire and it is time to have your say on how the council supports it.
The new South Lanarkshire Tourism Strategy is now out in draft form for consultation to local businesses and residents to have their say.
The long-standing importance of the tourism economy in the area is well recognised and it is only likely to increase as we look towards recovery and growth.
The council’s Economic Development Team has been hard at work developing the draft Tourism Strategy and has engaged with colleagues across the council and in partner organisations including VisitScotland, the Scottish Tourism Alliance, and more.
The draft strategy identifies six priority areas:
- People - The South Lanarkshire tourism sector will become a career of choice. Our sector will attract, develop, and retain a skilled, committed, diverse and valued workforce.
- Place - We will create and develop an attractive and competitive visitor destination.
- Business - We will build business resilience, sustainability, improve business viability and profitability.
- Marketing - We will raise the profile of South Lanarkshire as an attractive visitor destination.
- Responsible tourism – We will develop a sustainable visitor economy, maximising the positive impacts, and minimising any potential negative impacts.
- Partnership working – Through partnership working the South Lanarkshire tourism sector will collaborate efficiently to realise the sector’s full potential.
Please read the consultative draft and complete our survey. The consultation closed on Tuesday 22 February 2022.