Launch Recite Me assistive technology myaccountMyAccount login image

Compostable waste uplift

Burning garden waste

If you are affected by someone burning garden waste, report it and Environmental Health Officers will investigate and decide on measures to ensure it does not happen again.

However if it is an emergency please call the Fire Service. If it's a bonfire problem please see the bonfire page.

Legal information

Under the Environmental Protection Act 1990, Section 79 (1), (b) it states that 'smoke emitted from premises so as to be prejudicial to health or a nuisance' is regarded as a statutory nuisance and a notice can be served to the person responsible.

Related content

  1. Compostable waste uplift
  2. Home composting
  3. Burning garden waste