There can be many reasons for a delay in your bin being emptied. Bad weather, roadworks or a vehicle breakdown might mean we don't get to you at the usual time.
If none of the bins in your street have been emptied, please leave them out and we will get to them as soon as possible.
Changes to collection routes may mean that your bin is collected at a different time to normal - please make sure your bins are always presented before 7am on your collection day.
If your bin hasn’t been emptied but others in your street have please make sure of the following before reporting your bin as ‘missed’:
- the bin was put out for collection before 7am on the scheduled collection day
- the bin only contained the correct (contaminated recycling bins are tagged with instruction on what to do next)
- the bin was not too heavy for crews to collect. Heavy material such as soil and rubble should not be put into wheeled bins. You should book a bulky uplift instead
- the bin left somewhere the crew could get to – this is important if you have an ‘assisted collection’
If you can say yes to all of the points above you should phone 0303 123 1020. We will attempt to collect the bin within 48 hours but definitely within five working days.
- we can't take extra bags beside a bin. If you can't keep it until your next collection, you can take it to any of our waste and recycling centres
- new build houses – contact us to make sure your house has been added to a collection route.