VE Day 75
Victory in Europe Day (VE Day) 75th Anniversary celebrations
On 8 May 1945 was the day peace began after nearly six years of war and the 75th Anniversary on 8 May 2020 represents an important milestone in our history.
Why not get involved in celebrating the 75th Anniversary of VE Day? The celebrations to mark VE Day 75, will cover the weekend of 8 - 10 May 2020 and will be an international celebration of peace - a time to remember, reflect and pay tribute to the millions who played such a vital part in achieving it.
There are lots of ways you and your community can take part in or help arrange events within the community to mark this historic occasion:
- The playing of the Battle’s O’er and VE 75 years
- The Nation’s Toast to the heroes of World War 2
- The Cry for Peace around the world
- Churches and cathedrals ringing out for peace
- Street parties in villages and halls
- Services of commemoration including reading the Tribute to the Millions and the playing of the Last Post
You can register to get involved at www.veday75.org. As well as registering you can download important documents, including a commemorative certificate, view the programme of events, and see messages of support from individuals and organisations. The latest date for registration of events is 1 May 2020.