LEADER is a European funding programme which supports rural community and business projects. In Scotland it is delivered as part of the Scottish Rural Development Programme (SRDP) in partnership with Local Action Groups (LAGs).
The Lanarkshire LEADER area covers part of rural North Lanarkshire and all of the rural area of South Lanarkshire - for full details see our area map.
Local community development and economic development are priority concerns in rural Lanarkshire. We will support projects and investments related to the following themes:
- Developing Communities
- Growing Business (including social enterprise and entrepreneurship)
- Heritage, Culture and the Environment
Who can apply?
LEADER funding is available to the following groups:
- constituted community groups
- public organisations and agencies
- partnerships, trusts and other non-governmental organisations
- social enterprises
- rural and farm businesses
How to apply
Firstly, you should register your interest by completing an expression of interest on the Scottish Rural Network website.
Your enquiry will be forwarded to the Lanarkshire LEADER LAG for processing. If your proposed project fits with the qualifying criteria you will be asked to submit a full application with supporting information including the following:
- a project plan and or business plan including financial projections
- governance paperwork such as a constitution and equality policies
- organisation/company accounts
- bank account details
- evidence of the how reasonable the project costs are/tender reports
- other relevant paperwork - the LEADER team will advise