Customer Services Centre
Our Customer Services Centre deals with over 30,000 telephone, email, and online enquiries per month.
You can use our links below to contact the relevant service directly to ensure that your enquiry is dealt with as quickly as possible. Information on all council services are available by selecting council services or A-Z above.
- For enquiries about your Council Tax account, to make a payment or apply for discounts and exemptions, visit our Council Tax homepage for information, advice and relevant online forms.
Housing services and repairs
- For information, advice and contact information on homelessness, applying for a council house or paying council housing rent, visit our housing and homelessness information page.
- If you have a query about your tenancy or want to contact your local Housing Office, visit our local area office page.
- For information and advice on our pest control services, visit our pest control homepage.
- For information and advice on planning, including applications, enquiries, and updates, or to contact your case officer, please visit the Planning homepage.
- For information, advice and applications relating to Building Warrants, to report a dangerous building or to contact your case officer, please visit the Building standards homepage.
Roads, lighting and pavements
Bins, recycling and uplifts
- To request a bulk uplift or garden waste uplift
- To order food waste liners
- To order a new blue, grey recycling or burgundy bin
- To report a damaged recycling bin
- To report a missed bin
- To make a hazardous waste enquiry
Grounds maintenance and street cleansing
Licensing and registration
- For Licensing information such as taxi, alcohol or business, visit our Licensing information pages.
- For information on how to register a birth, death or marriage or to apply for a copy birth, death or marriage certificate, visit our Registration pages. For copy of divorce certificates, please contact the Court of Session.
- For information about your household water or to report a problem with water, visit Scottish Water
- To report noise
- To make a payment
If you want to make a complaint, you can use our online form. We will use the information you give us to try to improve our services and prevent the same issue from happening again.
- To make a complaint
Opening hours: Monday - Thursday, 8.45am - 4.45pm Friday, 8.45am - 4.15pmPhone: 0303 123 1010
Refuse, Grounds Maintenance and Street Cleansing
Opening hours: Monday - Thursday, 8.45am - 4.45pm Friday, 8.45am - 4.15pmPhone: 0303 123 1020
Opening hours: Monday - Thursday, 8.45am - 4.45pm Friday, 8.45am - 4.15pmPhone: 0303 123 1015
Available out of office hours (evenings and weekends)Phone: 0800 242024