Paid nursery places
If your child is three years old but is not yet eligible for a free nursery place, you can pay for your child to attend a South Lanarkshire run nursery.
If your child is due to attend your chosen nursery at the next intake (August, January or March), you can access a paid place at that nursery for 3 hrs 10 minute sessions at £8.50 per day until they reach the natural intake. Once your child reaches their natural intake, the £8.50 charge no longer applies.
Please note however, that all parents will have to pay 50p per day towards the nursery's snack and toy fund (£2.50 per week).
Children who attend nurseries that offer extended hours may pay for extra hours at £3.10 per hour. Where lunch is provided, the cost per day is £1.70 in addition to the daily charge.
Children who attend nurseries that are open all day (8am to 6pm) will pay £31 per day.
Exemption of nursery charges
You may be exempt from paying nursery charges if you receive the following:
- Income Support
- Universal Credit (employed and your take home pay is £610 or less)
- Universal Credit (not employed)
- Housing Benefit / Council Tax Reduction
- Jobseekers Allowance (income based)
- Employment and Support Allowance (income related)
- Child Tax Credit (gross annual income less than £16,105)
- Working Tax and Child Tax Credit (gross annual income less than £6,420)
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- Incapacity or Severe Disablement Allowance
- State Pension Credit
You should ask the nursery and they will advise you. You will have to provide proof of entitlement as well as proof of the child's home address for example a Child Benefit award letter.
How to pay for nursery places
Payments are made in advance - as detailed in your contract with the nursery, using the options below:
- online - by using our online payments service, select your area Hamilton, East Kilbride, Rutherglen/Cambuslang, Clydesdale
- phone - by calling our Customer Service Centre on 0303 123 1015.
You can pay with most major credit or debit cards (except Diners Card or American Express).