The Active Breaks Team are highly skilled, experienced youth workers.
They deliver a range of imaginative and creative programmes within a school setting to promote positive behaviour and encourage participation in all aspects of education.
Active breaks workers engage with pupils to:
- promote positive behaviour
- contribute to the learning agenda
- improve personal and social skills
- develop creativity of young people
- increase the uptake of health-enhancing activities
- introduce approaches to prevent pupils from feeling vulnerable and isolated
- take forward the citizenship agenda by encouraging pupils to take an active part in school and local community activities
For more information contact your local Universal Connections centre.