Click to listen

Universal Credit for tenants

If you receive Universal Credit, you will be responsible for paying the rent yourself. South Lanarkshire Council will no longer receive the housing element of Universal Credit directly as payment of your rent.

If for any reason you are not able to pay your rent, contact us within three days to avoid further action. We can discuss payment options with you. In certain instances, we can request a managed payment for your rent to be paid direct from your Universal Credit claim, for instance if there are rent arrears outstanding on your rent account or if you are vulnerable. Any changes in your circumstances should be reported to us and also advise your Job Coach of your current situation.

Our page on Universal Creditwill give you more information and a direct link to the DWP website which gives full details on Universal Credit and also it's where you would make a claim. 

Web rent