If you are an unemployed South Lanarkshire resident who is looking for work, our Gateway Services delivered by Routes to Work South can help.
We provide a wide range of services for jobseekers aged over 16, aimed at improving employability, updating skills and enhancing general health and wellbeing.
Some of our courses may lead to industry recognised certificates or qualifications. You will also have access to job vacancies that aren’t advertised anywhere else.
Services are tailored to meet individual needs with help available including:
- 1-2-1 support from a dedicated advisor
- Setting up an Email account
- Help with preparing a CV
- Writing a cover letter
- Using IT for job searching
- Tips on filling in application forms
- Contacting companies "on spec"
- Interview techniques
- Assistance with applying for an Individual Training Account
Support is drawn from a wide range of organisations including Jobcentre Plus, Skills Development Scotland, SLW4U Partners and voluntary sector organisations.
Help is available at centres in Cambuslang, Hamilton, East Kilbride and Lanark.