Upskilling - real skills for better pay
We are committed to helping our residents and businesses become more competitive by developing their skills.
We will support employees to gain new skills leading to improved employment prospects. This could include moving from minimum wage to the living wage, increased hours or job progression or even promotion within the organisation.
How can this benefit your company?
- Increased profitability and productivity
- Trained and motivated employees with a clear progression route
- Customised training courses to fit your business needs
- Increased employee morale and aspiration
How will your employees benefit?
- Employees achieve new skills and qualifications
- Help to maximise their rate of pay
- Help to maximise their prospect of promotion
Why are we offering this?
We know that by investing in training our residents, South Lanarkshire businesses will reap the benefits – improving their competitiveness. For every pound we spend on helping to train employees – there will be a multiplier to the local economy. So investing in training makes sense for you, your business and South Lanarkshire as a whole.
Who can take part?
- Any employee (preferably employed for 6 months or more)
- Aged 16+
- Resident in South Lanarkshire Area
How do I sign up?
To find out more, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Enquiries are welcome from individuals as well as businesses in the South Lanarkshire area.
Please note: With the current Coronavirus crisis causing rapid changes to the jobs market, funding and social distancing rules; we will be flexible and keep adapting the programme to local needs.
At present, this is an accurate picture of the Upskilling Programme in 2020