Upskilling - tackling in-work poverty
Making work pay for low paid workers
Upskilling is a South Lanarkshire Council initiative committed to Upskilling employees in the South Lanarkshire Area.
The Upskilling initiative will support employees undertaking training or other activity that will lead to improved employment circumstances. This could include moving from minimum wage to the living wage, increased hours or job progression/promotion within the organisation.
How can this benefit your company:
- Develop the potential of your employees and increase profitability and productivity.
- Customised programmes to fit business requirements
How your staff can benefit:
- Maximise their hours
- Maximise their rate of pay
- Maximise their prospect of promotion
- Enables staff to achieve skills and/or qualifications
- Increased staff morale and aspiration
Why are we offering this?
South Lanarkshire Council encourages accredited training to eligible participants that will lead to safeguarding jobs and increased aspirations. The initiative will enable participants to maximise their potential and to compete for promoted posts more effectively.
Who can take part?
- Any employee (preferably employed for 6 months or more)
- Aged 18+
- Resident in South Lanarkshire Area
- Have barriers preventing them from progressing within employment, for example few or no qualifications, health issues or disabilities, lone parent, previous experience of unemployment, low skilled etc.
How do I sign up?
For more information or to refer a candidate, please email email@example.com