Have you been made redundant? Are you worried about losing your job? We provide you with support to:

Find a new job

We can help you apply for jobs with local businesses who want to recruit people like you. If you need support with your CV, interview techniques or finding the right job for you; we have experts on hand to guide you through.

Contact us or have a look at the jobs available on these websites:

General advice

Not sure where to start?

Get new skills or retrain

We can help you train or improve your skills to help you find a new job. Contact us to find out more about how we can support you to re-train. We have a range of programmes to help you get the skills, certificates, tickets or qualifications you need to improve your prospects.

Contact us on 0303 123 1015 or email

Contact Skills Development Scotland Individual Helpline on 0800 917 8000 or visit

Get on top of money matters including benefits, debt advice or paying bills

You might be worried about paying bills or claiming the benefits you are entitled to. Our Money Matters Advice Service can help. The sooner you contact us, the more help we can give.

Our Money Matters Advice service help with benefits and debt advice there are offices located across South Lanarkshire who can help with information and advice.

Phone 0303 123 1008 or email your local Money Matters Office.

Citizens Advice Bureau work to meet local people's needs, offering free and impartial advice on financial or legal problems, including debt and money advice.

Citizens Advice Bureau - Hamilton
Almada Tower, 67 Almada Street, Hamilton ML3 0HQ
Phone 01698 283477 or 01698 459727

Citizens Advice Bureau - Cambuslang and Rutherglen
Kyle Court 17 Main Street Cambuslang G72 7EX
Phone 0141 646 3191

Citizens Advice Bureau - East Kilbride
Olympia Way, Town Centre East Kilbride G74 1JT
Phone 01355 263698

Citizens Advice Bureau - Lanark
10 -12 Wide Close, Lanark ML11 7LX
Phone 01555 664301

Keep your home

Are you worried about losing your home? Whether you own your home, are a Council tenant or rent your home from a private landlord, we can help.

Housing services can support you with, council bills, rent, council tax arrears, housing benefit, housing associations, shared ownership, hostels, private rented housing, furnished tenancies, single person accommodation, homelessness assessment and advice.

Phone Housing Services on 0303 123 1012 or email your local office.

Keep well

The stress of redundancy or losing your job can take its toll on your mental health.

NHS Lanarkshire provides a wide range of healthcare services across Lanarkshire. 

Phone the NHS General enquiry line on 0300 3030 243, email or visit their website at

Practical ways to deal with stress

Email Stress Control at or visit

Please note: With the current Coronavirus crisis causing rapid changes to the jobs market, funding and social distancing rules; we will be flexible and keep adapting the programme to local needs.

At present, this is an accurate picture of our Redundancy Support in 2020

South Lanarkshire Works 4 U

Phone: 0303 123 1015
Email: South Lanarkshire Works 4 U