Strathaven Conservation Area Regeneration Scheme
The Strathaven Conservation Area Regeneration Scheme (CARS) which launched in August 2016 is part of a five-year project with a total value of £1.5million.
CARS provide financial help for conservation area based regeneration and conservation initiatives. Part of the funding is from Historic Environment Scotland. Additional funding from a range of other sources has also been gained to help the project to succeed.
Strathaven CARS will fund:
- a repairs programme for priority projects
- a small grants scheme for homeowners or tenants
- shopfront improvements works
- community engagement through training opportunities and education programmes
- public realm works
- administration costs, including the appointment of a dedicated project officer
The eligible area for Strathaven CARS is shown on the map.
The Strathaven CARS guidance notes contain details on what can be funded, how to apply, the application process and additional contact details. You can also view the Strathaven CARS maintenance guide.
For more information see the Strathaven Conservation Area supporting documents.