Care and Repair in South Lanarkshire
Care and Repair is an independent charity which can offer information and advice to elderly or disabled residents who own their home or private tenants. This includes:
- advice on repairs, improvements or adaptations
- advice on heating and energy efficiency measures
- assistance with completing financial assistance application forms and finding reputable tradesmen
- a small repairs service which is free of charge, however, customers will pay for any materials required to complete the work
- supplying and fitting locks, viewers and other safety devices recommended following referral to the Safe as Houses initiative (free for elderly homeowners)
More information is available on the Care and Repair website.