In Care Survivor Support Fund
The In Care Survivor Support Fund is for people who were abused or neglected as children while living in care in Scotland. It is funded by the Scottish Government and helps survivors get the support they need.
You can apply if you have experienced abuse or neglect whilst in care in Scotland. In care includes:
- living in residential care
- boarding school (state, private or independent
- long-term stay in hospital
- young offenders' institutions
- foster care
Even if you don't live in Scotland any more you can still access the fund.
The types of help available may include:
- activities within your local community
- psychological trauma support
- housing and benefit advice
- access to records
- work and education
The aim of the fund is to empower you to make your own decisions about your life and to make positive changes.
You can contact the fund using this online form. You can also phone the freephone number 0808 164 2005 or email email@example.com. A relative, friend or support worker can contact the fund on your behalf, with your permission.
For more information see the In Care Survivor Support Fund website.