Coronavirus (COVID-19) advice

Help if you have lost your job or are at risk of losing it

Updated 7 October 2021

Are you:

  • furloughed
  • redundant
  • self-employed
  • unemployed
  • at risk of redundancy?

Please call our Employability Helpline on 0303 123 1015 or email and our staff will be happy to help.

We are committed to helping and supporting South Lanarkshire residents who need help to secure employment as a result of the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic.

  • up-skilling and re-skilling support
  • money advice
  • health and wellbeing advice

Our staff can provide advice, support and sign post you to agencies who may be able to help. This can be done remotely and online.

Jobs portal

Register your details on our new jobs portal to get quick, free access to vacancies. We can also help you with training and skills.

Once you have completed your registration you can:

  • search for jobs
  • add your skills and qualifications to help employers find you
  • upload your CV and a cover letter
  • tailor your job preferences and get alerts


At the Budget on 3 March 2021, it was confirmed that the fourth Self Employed Income Support Scheme grant will be set at 80% of 3 months’ average trading profits, paid out in a single instalment, capped at £7,500. The fourth grant will take into account 2019 to 2020 tax returns and will be open to those who became self-employed in tax year 2019 to 2020. The rest of the eligibility criteria remain unchanged.

Your eligibility for the scheme will now be based on your submitted 2019 to 2020 tax return.

More information is available on the UK Government website.

Please call our Employability Helpline on 0303 123 1015 or email and our staff will be happy to help. You can also email Routes to Work South at or phone 0800 731 0444.

Financial support and money advice

Are you confused about what benefits you can claim or are you experiencing debt-related issues during the current situation with coronavirus (COVID-19)?

Our Money Matters team may be able to help. For more information see our Benefits and money advice page. 

If you are a council tenant and we struggling to pay your rent contact phone 0303 123 1012 and select your Housing Office from the selection. You can also email:

If you need advice and support on Council Tax see the Council Tax coronavirus page.

Other sources of help: