Coronavirus (COVID-19) advice
Help if you have lost your job or are at risk of losing it
*Updated 17 December 2020*
- at risk of redundancy?
Please call our Employability Helpline on 0303 123 1015 or email firstname.lastname@example.org and our staff will be happy to help.
We are committed to helping and supporting South Lanarkshire residents who need help to secure employment as a result of the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic.
- up-skilling and re-skilling support
- money advice
- health and wellbeing advice
Our staff can provide advice, support and sign post you to agencies who may be able to help. This can be done remotely and online.
Register your details on our new jobs portal to get quick, free access to vacancies. We can also help you with training and skills.
Once you have completed your registration you can:
- search for jobs
- add your skills and qualifications to help employers find you
- upload your CV and a cover letter
- tailor your job preferences and get alerts
Job Retention (Furlough) Scheme
The current Job Retention Scheme has been continued until 30 April 2021. For more information see the UK government website.
The Self Employed Income Support Scheme has paid out twice to eligible self-employed workers in June and August 2020.This Scheme has now been extended from 1 November 2020. More information is available on the UK Government website.
Please call our Employability Helpline on 0303 123 1015 or email email@example.com and our staff will be happy to help. You can also email Routes to Work South at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 0800 731 0444.
Transition Training Fund
A New Transition Training Fund has been announced, designed to support those over 25 to retrain in a new skill. More information is available at http://www.myworldofwork.co.uk/national-transition-training-fund
Financial support and money advice
Are you confused about what benefits you can claim or are you experiencing debt-related issues during the current situation with coronavirus (COVID-19)?
Our Money Matters team may be able to help. For more information see our Benefits and money advice page.
If you are a council tenant and we struggling to pay your rent contact phone 0303 123 1012 and select your Housing Office from the selection. You can also email:
If you need advice and support on Council Tax see the Council Tax coronavirus page.
Other sources of help:
- Credit Unions
- Scottish Welfare Fund
- Citizens Advice
- South Lanarkshire Council's Wellbeing Helpline
- NHS Lanarkshire's wellbeing helpline if you are experiencing anxiety, low mood or distress in relation to COVID-19. Call 01698 687567 10am-6pm, Monday to Friday.
- Information for young people
- South Lanarkshire College
- New College Lanarkshire
- Fairstart in South Lanarkshire
- Skills Development Scotland
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) advice
- How to get help
- Advice for businesses
- Council meetings
- Cemeteries and the crematorium
- Employees not on the council network
- Housing and homelessness
- Leisure and cultural premises
- Schools and nurseries
- Waste and recycling
- Planning and Building Standards
- Licensing Services
- Construction projects
- Benefits and money advice
- Council Tax
- COVID-19 scams
- Help if you have lost your job or are at risk of losing it
- Financial support - free school meals
- Play areas and parks
- Young people
- Getting online
- Grass cutting
- Self-isolating support