Coronavirus (COVID-19) advice
Help if you have lost your job or are at risk of losing it
Updated 7 October 2021
- at risk of redundancy?
Please call our Employability Helpline on 0303 123 1015 or email firstname.lastname@example.org and our staff will be happy to help.
We are committed to helping and supporting South Lanarkshire residents who need help to secure employment as a result of the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic.
- up-skilling and re-skilling support
- money advice
- health and wellbeing advice
Our staff can provide advice, support and sign post you to agencies who may be able to help. This can be done remotely and online.
Register your details on our new jobs portal to get quick, free access to vacancies. We can also help you with training and skills.
Once you have completed your registration you can:
- search for jobs
- add your skills and qualifications to help employers find you
- upload your CV and a cover letter
- tailor your job preferences and get alerts
At the Budget on 3 March 2021, it was confirmed that the fourth Self Employed Income Support Scheme grant will be set at 80% of 3 months’ average trading profits, paid out in a single instalment, capped at £7,500. The fourth grant will take into account 2019 to 2020 tax returns and will be open to those who became self-employed in tax year 2019 to 2020. The rest of the eligibility criteria remain unchanged.
Your eligibility for the scheme will now be based on your submitted 2019 to 2020 tax return.
More information is available on the UK Government website.
Please call our Employability Helpline on 0303 123 1015 or email email@example.com and our staff will be happy to help. You can also email Routes to Work South at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 0800 731 0444.
Financial support and money advice
Are you confused about what benefits you can claim or are you experiencing debt-related issues during the current situation with coronavirus (COVID-19)?
Our Money Matters team may be able to help. For more information see our Benefits and money advice page.
If you are a council tenant and we struggling to pay your rent contact phone 0303 123 1012 and select your Housing Office from the selection. You can also email:
If you need advice and support on Council Tax see the Council Tax coronavirus page.
Other sources of help:
- Credit Unions
- Scottish Welfare Fund
- Citizens Advice
- South Lanarkshire Council's Wellbeing Helpline
- NHS Lanarkshire's wellbeing helpline if you are experiencing anxiety, low mood, or distress in relation to COVID-19. Call 01698 687567 10am-6pm, Monday to Friday.
- Information for young people
- South Lanarkshire College
- New College Lanarkshire
- Fairstart in South Lanarkshire
- Skills Development Scotland
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) advice
- Get help or support
- Advice for businesses
- Council meetings
- Cemeteries and the crematorium
- Employees not on the council network
- Housing and homelessness
- Leisure and cultural premises including school lets
- Schools and nurseries
- Waste and recycling
- Planning and Building Standards
- Q and As
- Licensing Services
- Construction projects
- Benefits and money advice
- Council Tax
- Covid-19 scams
- Help if you have lost your job or are at risk of losing it
- Financial support
- Play areas and parks
- Getting online
- Young people
- Taxi and Private Hire Vehicle Driver and Operator Support Fund 2021-22
- Self-isolating support grant
- Day care
- Health and Social Care Update