Coronavirus (COVID-19) advice
Play areas and parks
Updated 26 June 2020
Government advice is to travel no more than 5 miles from your home so please consider if you should be visiting our parks.
If, when you get there, the car park is busy this means that the park will also be busy – is your visit worth the risk to your health and the health of others?
Parking at Calderglen is limited and once full you will be turned away.
Cafés, toilets and information centres remain closed.
Play parks also remain closed until further notice.
Play parks across South Lanarkshire will reopen from Monday 29 June.
The move is in line with advice from the Scottish Government as the country continues to move forward with the next phase of lockdown restrictions being lifted.
Any children using the playparks are reminded of the need to still practice physical distancing and when possible to use hand sanitiser before and after using any equipment.
It would also be preferable if anyone using the parks could wipe down any equipment, such as with baby wipes, before and after use.
The following range of services will be introduced in a reduced capacity from week commencing 18 May 2020:
- Golf course maintenance
- Bowling Green maintenance
- Weed control
- Play area inspections
- Grass cutting – use of tractors and ride on's (maintenance of medium to large open space areas in parks, including Country Parks and amenity open space particularly where areas are used for social recreation and/or exercise)
We have also opened the car parks at the following golf courses:
- Torrance House
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) advice
- How to get help
- Advice for businesses
- Council meetings
- Cemeteries and the crematorium
- Employees not on the council network
- Housing and homelessness
- Leisure and cultural premises
- Schools and nurseries
- Waste and recycling
- Planning and Building Standards
- Licensing Services
- Construction projects
- Benefits and money advice
- Council Tax
- COVID-19 scams
- Help if you have lost your job or are at risk of losing it
- Free school meals
- Play areas and parks
- Young people
- Getting online
- Grass cutting