Coronavirus (COVID-19) advice
Taxi/Private Hire support
Applications will open on Monday 25 January
The Covid-19 Taxi and Private Hire Driver Support Fund is being administered by South Lanarkshire Council on behalf of the Scottish Government. This is to help with the loss of income for taxi and private hire drivers licensed in South Lanarkshire due to Covid-19 restrictions.
Please read the following information carefully before the fund opens on Monday. This will give you time to gather the evidence we need to process your application when you make it.
You will need to provide the following supporting information - we cannot process your application without it:
- one full bank statement dated within the last 3 months - this should show clearly your name, address, account number and sort code
- details of all previous support received from UK, Scottish or local government support schemes
We can accept pdfs and photos of paper statements. If you do your banking online you should be able to download a pdf statement.
We may ask for additional supporting information depending on how you answer some of the questions.
If your statement is not clear when you upload it, this will delay your application as we will need to come back to you for more information.
How much is the grant and who is it for?
The Scottish Government has provided a fund to make a payment of £1500 to eligible taxi and private hire drivers.
How do I know if I am eligible?
You must be able to satisfy all of the following criteria:
- you hold a current taxi or private hire driver licence issued by South Lanarkshire Council which is valid for the period 9 October 2020 to 31 January 2021
- your licence has not been suspended prior to 31 December 2020
- you have had a loss of income or turnover up to 31 December 2020 of 50% compared with 2019 and you have incurred overhead costs and expenses during that period
- you have been working or available to work as a taxi or private hire driver up to 31 December 2020
- you have not breached COVID regulations or requirements prior to local restrictions
- you do not have connections to tax havens (as set out in the Coronavirus (Scotland)(No.2) Act 2020)
- you must declare all previous support received from UK, Scottish or local government support schemes
How long will it take before I receive my payment?
We will have a large number of applications which must be verified and checked before approval. We have a dedicated team working on this to ensure applications are processed as quickly as possible, but it will take some time so please be patient. We will contact you to advise of the outcome of your application. Payment will be made within four weeks of receiving a fully completed and verified application.
If my application is refused can I appeal?
There is a right of appeal and full details will be provided in the decision notice, provided to you if you are unsuccessful.
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) advice
- How to get help
- Advice for businesses
- Council meetings
- Cemeteries and the crematorium
- Employees not on the council network
- Housing and homelessness
- Leisure and cultural premises
- Schools and nurseries
- Waste and recycling
- Planning and Building Standards
- Licensing Services
- Construction projects
- Benefits and money advice
- Council Tax
- COVID-19 scams
- Help if you have lost your job or are at risk of losing it
- Financial support - free school meals
- Play areas and parks
- Young people
- Getting online
- Taxi/Private Hire support
- Self-isolating support