Coronavirus (COVID-19) advice
**Updated 7 December 2020**
To assist people who experience a reduction in earnings as a result of being asked to self- isolate, a Self- Isolation Support Grant of £500 has been introduced and came into effect on 12 October 2020.
You may be eligible for a £500 payment if you meet the following criteria:
- You are required to self-isolate at the request of NHS Test & Protect, or you are the parent or primary carer of a child that is required to self- isolate and
- You are employed or self-employed and it is not possible for you to work from home (if you are self-employed you may be able to claim New Style Employment & Support Allowance) and
- Your earned income is reduced as a result e.g. you are receiving Statutory Sick Pay or no pay and
- You are in receipt of Universal Credit, Working Tax Credit; Income-based Employment and Support Allowance; Income-based Jobseeker's Allowance; Income Support; Housing Benefit; and/or Pension Credit or
- You had an underlying entitlement to Universal Credit based on your earnings prior to the start of your self- isolation period
Grants are paid per eligible person, not per household, therefore a couple who both meet the eligibility criteria for a grant will be paid £500 each. Please note that if you are experiencing a loss of earnings due to being unable to work as you are caring for a child that has been asked to self- isolate, only one payment will be made per household.
You can make an application each time you are required to self-isolate, however, isolation dates cannot overlap.
Applications for the grant must be made during the 14 day isolation period. If you have been unable to claim during this 14 day period, have continued to experience the same reduction in earnings as a result of this isolation and you can evidence the exceptional circumstances that prevented you from claiming please contact our Community Wellbeing Team on 0303 123 1009.
If your application is successful the grant will be paid directly into your bank account. We aim to make the payment within 3 working days of your bank details being received and verified. Please note that we will never ask for your bank details over the phone or by text. If your application is successful you will be emailed a link to an online form which asks for your bank details.
How to apply or get other support to help you self isolate
If you have been advised to self-isolate by Test & Protect and have given permission for your details to be shared with the council, Test & Protect will send your details to us and we will contact you by telephone. Please note that if you have caller display our calls will show as private caller.
If you have no other support available we can also provide other assistance such as arranging for food to be delivered, prescriptions to be collected and we can offer money advice.
If you would like to make an application for the grant or have no one else to assist you please call our Community Wellbeing Team on 0303 123 1009.
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) advice
- How to get help
- Advice for businesses
- Council meetings
- Cemeteries and the crematorium
- Employees not on the council network
- Housing and homelessness
- Leisure and cultural premises
- Schools and nurseries
- Waste and recycling
- Planning and Building Standards
- Licensing Services
- Construction projects
- Benefits and money advice
- Council Tax
- COVID-19 scams
- Help if you have lost your job or are at risk of losing it
- Financial support - free school meals
- Play areas and parks
- Young people
- Getting online
- Taxi/Private Hire support
- Self-isolating support