Coronavirus (COVID-19) advice
If you have been contacted by the Test and Protect tracing service and have to self-isolate for 14 days we will contact you to see if you need any extra support. Information on who has to self-isolate is passed to us daily.
If you have no other support available we can arrange for food to be delivered, prescriptions to be collected and we can offer money advice.
We will also explain the Self-Isolation Support Fund which provides a grant payment of £500 if you will lose earnings because you need to self-isolate. This includes those who were asked to self-isolate on or after 28 September 2020. Please note, we will not ask for bank details over the phone.
If you need help urgently, please phone our wellbeing service on 0303 123 1009.
Self-Isolation Support Grant
The Scottish Government is giving a Self-Isolation Support Grant of £500 if you get low income benefits and will experience reduced earnings because you have to self-isolate to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
If you are eligible you will be entitled to an award of £500 each time you are asked to self-isolate by the Test and Protect Service. People in the same household can each make an individual application to receive the payment if they each meet the eligibility criteria.
If you were asked to self-isolate on or after 28 September 2020 you will be eligible for a backdated payment if you meet the qualifying criteria. We will not accept an application if you were told to self-isolate before 28 September 2020, even if the period of self-isolation continues after 28 September 2020. If you are experiencing a financial crisis because you had to self-isolate before 28 September you can apply for a Crisis Grant. Our Money Matters Advice Service is also available if you are worried about your financial circumstances.
How to apply
We will receive your information from the Test and Protect contact tracing service. We will then phone you to discuss the support available and your eligibility for a grant payment.
We will not ask for your bank details on this call. If your application is successful you will be sent a link to an online form which asks for your bank details. We will never ask for your bank details over the phone.
If you would like to make an application for the grant over the phone please call us on 0303 123 1009.
You are eligible for a Self-Isolation Support Grant if you:
- have been contacted by the Test and Protect contact tracing service to self-isolate as a result of COVID-19, either because you have tested positive for coronavirus, have recently been in close contact with someone who has tested positive or are awaiting a test result
- are employed or self-employed
- are unable to work from home and will experience reduced earnings as a result
- are currently receiving, have been awarded but not yet received a payment or have made a claim for but are awaiting the outcome of an application for:
- Universal Credit
- Working Tax Credit
- Income-based Employment and Support Allowance
- Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- Income Support
- Housing Benefit and/or
- Pension Credit
If your application is successful the grant will be paid into your bank account. We aim to make the payment within 3 working days of your bank details being received and verified.
Be aware of scam communications
We will not ask for your bank details over the phone. For more information on other scams see the Coronavirus (COVID-19) scams page.
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) advice
- How to get help
- Advice for businesses
- Council meetings
- Cemeteries and the crematorium
- Employees not on the council network
- Housing and homelessness
- Leisure and cultural premises
- Schools and nurseries
- Waste and recycling
- Planning and Building Standards
- Licensing Services
- Construction projects
- Benefits and money advice
- Council Tax
- COVID-19 scams
- Help if you have lost your job or are at risk of losing it
- Free school meals
- Play areas and parks
- Young people
- Getting online
- Grass cutting
- Self-isolating support