Coronavirus (COVID-19) advice
We will be providing a restricted range of services with a focus on providing essential services:
- the repairs service will be restricted to emergency repairs and all non-emergency repairs are suspended
- gas servicing and any other health and safety checks will continue
- priority adaptations to support health and social care will continue
- our homelessness service continues to be delivered by providing accommodation and assistance for homeless households
- maintaining regular contact and providing services to our tenants in sheltered housing
- providing essential services such as fire-safety patrols and cleaning in multi-storeys and bulk uplifts
You can contact us through our website and by email.
Paying council rent
We will be contacting tenants who we know may be financially struggling to reassure them and to make sure that they are fully aware of how to get financial assistance.
Welfare Benefits are extremely complex. If you want advice about what and when you should claim and also for debt related advice please contact Money Matters on 0303 123 1008 between 10am and 3pm Monday to Friday (excluding public holidays) or by email for Hamilton, East Kilbride, Cambuslang and Rutherglen, Larkhall and Lanark.
Remember at this time you can pay your rent online and by using the 24 hour payment phone line which you can do safely from your home. You can also pay your rent by Direct Debit. Once you have set up your payment, it will come out of your bank account on a date and at a frequency that suits you. For more information see our Paying council rent page.
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) advice
- How to get help
- Advice for businesses
- Council meetings
- Cemeteries and the crematorium
- Employees not on the council network
- Leisure and cultural premises
- Schools and nurseries
- Waste and recycling
- Planning and Building Standards
- Licensing Services
- Construction projects
- Benefits and money advice
- Council Tax
- COVID-19 scams
- Help if you have lost your job or are at risk of losing it
- Free school meals
- Play areas and parks
- Young people
- Getting online