Coronavirus (COVID-19) advice
Housing and homelessness
Updated 11 May 2021
We will be providing a restricted range of services with a focus on providing essential services:
- gas servicing and any other health and safety checks will continue
- priority adaptations to support health and social care will continue
- our housing options service has recommenced providing housing advice to those in need with the aim of preventing homelessness
- our homelessness service continues to be delivered by providing accommodation and assistance for homeless households
- maintaining regular contact and providing services to our tenants in sheltered housing
- providing essential services such as fire-safety patrols and cleaning in multi-storeys and bulk uplifts
- Community Wardens will still be on patrol, however working within revised shift patterns
You can contact us through our website and by email.
Gas servicing of our tenants homes is an essential service and under the current restrictions will still go ahead. We ask that tenants allow access. We will contact you in advance to let you know when your appointment is. The engineers all wear appropriate PPE to keep our tenants and themselves safe. If you are shielding or self-isolating, please let us know by phoning 0303 123 1004.
Our repair service are recording all repairs being reported, however, we have a backlog to action, so repairs/inspections will be carried out on a needs basis at the moment.
Paying council rent
If you are a South Lanarkshire Council tenant it is important to maintain your rent payments throughout this time. If you are experiencing difficulties with paying your rent on time please refer to our page on Problems paying rent and contact your Housing Officer immediately at your local housing office to discuss how we can help you.
Our Money Matters Service can also give you independent and confidential advice if you are facing debt problems or need advice on welfare benefits, please contact Money Matters on 0303 123 1008 between 10am and 3pm Monday to Friday (excluding public holidays) or by email for Hamilton, East Kilbride, Cambuslang and Rutherglen, Larkhall and Lanark
Online referral forms to benefits or debt are now available which you can submit at any time of the day. The forms take a few minutes to complete and once submitted to us a member of staff will contact you as soon as possible.
Remember you can pay your rent easily by Direct Debit. Once you have set up your payment, it will come out of your bank account on a date and at a frequency that suits you. For more information see our Paying council rent page or follow the link below. You can also check your rent account balance and pay your rent online or by using the 24 hour payment phone line on 0303 123 1005.
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) advice
- Get help or support
- Advice for businesses
- Council meetings
- Cemeteries and the crematorium
- Employees not on the council network
- Housing and homelessness
- Leisure and cultural premises including school lets
- Schools and nurseries
- Waste and recycling
- Planning and Building Standards
- Q and As
- Licensing Services
- Construction projects
- Benefits and money advice
- Council Tax
- Covid-19 scams
- Help if you have lost your job or are at risk of losing it
- Financial support
- Play areas and parks
- Getting online
- Young people
- Taxi and Private Hire Vehicle Driver and Operator Support Fund 2021-22
- Self-isolating support grant
- Day care
- Health and Social Care Update