Coronavirus (COVID-19) advice
Housing and homelessness
* Updated 18 August 2020
We will be providing a restricted range of services with a focus on providing essential services:
- gas servicing and any other health and safety checks will continue
- priority adaptations to support health and social care will continue
- our housing options service has recommenced providing housing advice to those in need with the aim of preventing homelessness
- our homelessness service continues to be delivered by providing accommodation and assistance for homeless households
- maintaining regular contact and providing services to our tenants in sheltered housing
- providing essential services such as fire-safety patrols and cleaning in multi-storeys and bulk uplifts
You can contact us through our website and by email.
We have been providing a critical repair service to our tenants/residents throughout the COVID19 pandemic in line with Scottish Government guidance.
From Monday 29 June we resumed non-emergency external inspections and external repair work including fencing and ground works.
If you have previously reported repairs to us we will be in contact with you to provide an up-date in the coming days/weeks.
We will continue to follow guidance and resume internal non-emergency repairs as soon as it is possible.
Paying council rent
We will be contacting tenants who we know may be financially struggling to reassure them and to make sure that they are fully aware of how to get financial assistance.
Welfare Benefits are extremely complex. If you want advice about what and when you should claim and also for debt related advice please contact Money Matters on 0303 123 1008 between 10am and 3pm Monday to Friday (excluding public holidays) or by email for Hamilton, East Kilbride, Cambuslang and Rutherglen, Larkhall and Lanark.
Remember at this time you can pay your rent online and by using the 24 hour payment phone line which you can do safely from your home. You can also pay your rent by Direct Debit. Once you have set up your payment, it will come out of your bank account on a date and at a frequency that suits you. For more information see our Paying council rent page.
If you are a council or Registered Social Landlord tenant, please read this open letter from Kevin Stewart MSP, Minister for Local Government, Housing and Planning on the wide range of advice and support available to you during the current outbreak.
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) advice
- How to get help
- Advice for businesses
- Council meetings
- Cemeteries and the crematorium
- Employees not on the council network
- Housing and homelessness
- Leisure and cultural premises
- Schools and nurseries
- Waste and recycling
- Planning and Building Standards
- Licensing Services
- Construction projects
- Benefits and money advice
- Council Tax
- COVID-19 scams
- Help if you have lost your job or are at risk of losing it
- Free school meals
- Play areas and parks
- Young people
- Getting online
- Grass cutting
- Self-isolating support