Coronavirus (COVID-19) advice

Housing and homelessness

* Updated 6 January 2021

We will be providing a restricted range of services with a focus on providing essential services:

  • gas servicing and any other health and safety checks will continue
  • priority adaptations to support health and social care will continue
  • our housing options service has recommenced providing housing advice to those in need with the aim of preventing homelessness
  • our homelessness service continues to be delivered by providing accommodation and assistance for homeless households
  • maintaining regular contact and providing services to our tenants in sheltered housing
  • providing essential services such as fire-safety patrols and cleaning in multi-storeys and bulk uplifts
  • Community Wardens will still be on patrol, however working within revised shift patterns

You can contact us through our website and by email.

Gas servicing

Gas servicing of our tenants homes is an essential service and under the current new restrictions will still go ahead.  We ask that tenants allow access. We will contact you in advance to let you know when your appointment is. The engineers all wear appropriate PPE to keep our tenants and themselves safe. If you are shielding or self-isolating, please let us know by phoning 0303 123 1004.

Housing repairs

South Lanarkshire Council's repair service will only be undertaking emergency repairs, including voids and hospital discharge works during the lockdown.

Paying council rent

We will be contacting tenants who we know may be financially struggling to reassure them and to make sure that they are fully aware of how to get financial assistance.

Welfare Benefits are extremely complex. If you want advice about what and when you should claim and also for debt related advice please contact Money Matters on 0303 123 1008 between 10am and 3pm Monday to Friday (excluding public holidays) or by email for Hamilton, East Kilbride, Cambuslang and Rutherglen, Larkhall and Lanark.

Remember at this time you can pay your rent online and by using the 24 hour payment phone line which you can do safely from your home. You can also pay your rent by Direct Debit. Once you have set up your payment, it will come out of your bank account on a date and at a frequency that suits you. For more information see our Paying council rent page.

If you are a council or Registered Social Landlord tenant, please read this open letter from Kevin Stewart MSP, Minister for Local Government, Housing and Planning on the wide range of advice and support available to you during the current outbreak.