Members of the European Parliament MEPs
Scotland has six of the 736 members of the European Parliament. All six represent the whole country. Their names are listed below and you can contact any of them, or all of them with issues you wish to raise.
Members of the European Parliament are involved in drafting legislation which has an impact on the daily lives of citizens in EU countries including environmental protection, consumer rights, equal opportunities, transport and the free movement of workers, capital, services and goods. The European Parliament also has joint power with the Council of Europe over the annual budget of the European Union.
Following this election the list of MEPs representing Scotland can be found on the European Parliament's website.
- Alyn Smith MEP - Scottish National Party (SNP)
- Christian Allard MEP - Scottish National Party (SNP)
- Louis Stedman-Bryce MEP - The Brexit Party
- Sheila Ewan Ritchie MEP - Liberal Democrats
- Aileen McLeod MEP - Scottish National Party (SNP)
- Nosheena Mobarik MEP - Conservative and Unionist Party